Year 12 Class of 2018 Achievements
Congratulations to our Year 12 students from last year as there is no doubt that our students worked hard and were rewarded for their efforts. As a College, we are extremely proud of our Year 12 Class of 2018.
We congratulated Abby Vogelsang as our Victory Lutheran College Dux of 2018 at our Opening Service on Monday, 4th February. Abby scored an ATAR of 98.55 with prefect scores of 50 in History: Revolutions and 42 in English in 2018 as well as 43 in Psychology, 48 in Studio Arts in 2017. Abby’s outstanding achievement is testament to her work ethic and diligence during the past two years and provides an amazing example for our Year 12 Class of 2019.
We also acknowledge a number of senior students who achieved an individual subject result of 40+ which places them in the top 9% of the state:
- Lily Bain History: Revolutions
- Tahlia Bothe Further Mathematics and English
- Tess Levitzke English
- Jacob Moffat Sport & Recreation
- Rebecca Scott English, Literature and Psychology
- Abby Vogelsang History: Revolutions and English
We are excited to watch the next part of the Year 12 Class of 2018’s journey, which for many involves accepting university placements. Our Old Scholars have been offered university courses ranging from Pharmacy to Human Nutrition, Arts to Aviation Management, Nursing to Forensic Science & Criminology, Teaching to Civil Engineering & Architectural Design. We wish our Old Scholars all the best and remind them that they are always welcome back to our Victory Lutheran College community.
College Buildings & Grounds Projects
Over the holidays’ there have been several projects that have commenced or been completed:
- Our new Years 5 6 Classroom block, the Curtis Learning Hub, has had a number of projects including landscaping, seating, upgrade of existing playground and covered walkways connecting through to Luther Hall.
- One project that will commence this term will be a new playground on the southern side of Curtis for our Years 5 & 6 students.
- Our Luther Hall toilets will soon be accessible from outside to allow access for students in the Curtis Learning Hub.
- Our solar panels through the College were increased over the holidays to nearly 100KW with extra panels installed on the Plaza area and western end of the College’s Administration Building.
- Our Wirraway Redevelopment has commenced within the eastern building. This project includes relocation of staff offices and the initial demolition has commenced in the rest of the building. This will support the next stage of redevelopment which will include new lighting, air-conditioning, carpets, operable walls and painting throughout ready for use in Term 3 this year.
Thank you for your ongoing support and as always, please feel free to reach out with questions and concerns.
Yours in Christ,