Beyond the Classroom
At Victory, we believe that the foundation of socially-responsible and active global citizenship requires the development of the whole child. Encouraging students to be involved in a range of programs and opportunities beyond the classroom can further their learning and social/emotional skills development in a non-school setting.
This can be offered through:
- Excursions and camps with a cultural, environmental or outdoor emphasis
- Involvement in the performing arts
- Volunteering in the community
- Students assisting younger students’ learning in our Primary School
- Awareness campaigns.
THE FLEXIBLE LEARNING PROGRAM
The Flexible Learning Program is designed to broaden and deepen the daily experience of young people. It aims to:
- Widen and deepen the range of experiences offered to students beyond the traditional academic subjects
- Provide additional opportunities for academic enrichment, remediation and challenge
- Provide students with the opportunity to make real decisions involving their education and take responsibility for these decisions.
- Provide an outlet for interaction with the natural environment
- Support service learning opportunities within the community
It is a term-based program in which students have a mixture of choice and compulsory options available to them.