Music and the Performing Arts
Music is an integral part of school life. Music students get the opportunity to perform at assemblies, chapel, school functions and within the local community such as Eisteddfods and Carnivals.
The Winjeel Music Centre is an award-winning purpose-built Music Centre boasting private tuition rooms, a sound-proofed recording room and spaces for large and small group rehearsal. Winjeel opens out on to an under-cover outdoor amphitheatre, suitable for occasional lunchtime performances.
Victory has several musical groups including
- Secondary Choir - open to all Years 7-12 students
- Primary Choir - open to Years 4-6 students
- VLC Stage Band - by invitation only
- Various Rock Bands - organised and run by Scott Shirley (instrumental guitar teacher)
- Introductory Strings Program - in Violin, Viola and Cello for Year 3 students
- New in 2019 - VLC Orchestra - open to Years 4-12 students
Private instrumental tuition is also available. Please click below for more information.
Primary students perform in the annual Stage Door Festival (formerly known as Kids On Stage) hosted at Victory. Students from local independent schools come together and perform acts within their year level. There is a major production for Primary students every two years with our families enjoying the much-loved classic, The Wind in the Willows in 2017 while this year, our Secondary students performed "Joseph and his Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat'.