Music and the Performing Arts
Music is an integral part of school life. Music students get the opportunity to perform at assemblies, chapel, school functions and within the local community such as Eisteddfods and Carnivals.
The Winjeel Music Centre is an award-winning purpose-built Music Centre boasting private tuition rooms, a sound-proofed recording room and spaces for large and small group rehearsal. Winjeel opens out on to an under-cover outdoor amphitheatre, suitable for occasional lunchtime performances.
Victory has several musical groups including
- Secondary Choir - open to all Years 7-12 students
- Primary Choir - open to Years 4-6 students
- VLC Stage Band - by invitation only
- Various Rock Bands - organised and run by Scott Shirley (instrumental guitar teacher)
- Introductory Strings Program - in Violin, Viola and Cello for Year 3 students
- VLC Orchestra - open to Years 4-12 students
Private instrumental tuition is also available. Please click below for more information.
Primary students perform in the annual Stage Door Festival (formerly known as Kids On Stage) hosted at Victory. Students from local independent schools come together and perform acts within their year level. The major production alternates between Primary and Secondary Schools each year.
This year, our Secondary musical production is School of Rock.
Wind in the Willows (2017) and Mulan (2019)
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat (2018)
School of Rock (August 2019)